Students from Classes I – VIII are divided into four Houses –Baba Ajit Singh ji, Baba Jujhar Singh Ji, Baba Zorawar Singh Ji, Baba Fateh Singh Ji. This has been done to give them an identity and develop house and team spirit while taking part in various activities. Each “ House” is looked after by a House Master who in turn is assisted by other staff members and House Captains and Prefects selected from the students. This helps to develop qualities of leadership. The Houses are distinguished by the following colours:
|Baba Ajit Singh Ji
|Baba Jujhar Singh Ji
|Baba Zorawar Singh Ji
|Baba Fateh Singh Ji
THE KINDERGARTEN WING
The Kindergarten Wing at GNPS, Extension to Model Town is the first rung of the ladder in the development of the child. The school has a beautiful Kindergarten Wing that ensures the safety, health and well being of children at all times while also promoting their learning and development. Cheerful interiors and specially designed furniture clubbed with individual attention given by teachers make the Wing a perfect heaven for a fun filled learning environment.
The teachers strive to give each child a learning experience that is joyful, effortless and full of fun. Emphasis is laid on teaching the child creativity and paying special heed to the physical and emotional development of each child.
CLASSES I – VIII
At GNPS, Model Town Extension the thrust is on all round growth of the students. We inculcate in our students a positive and healthy physical, emotional, and intellectual attitude. Our Curriculum is planned in such a way so as to direct the students’ development towards these goals - fluency in languages; numerical skills; social skills; sensorial exposure; creative skills; science, social studies, environmental education, projects; physical skills etc. There is no gender bias.
In addition, we expose students to multifarious activities such as Art & Craft, Dance, Music, Theater and such like activities, thereby promoting in them teamwork and leadership skills. The Academic Session of the school is from April to March. A student’s Assessments are based on Weekly Tests, Assignments and Examinations (Half Yearly and Final Examination)
- All students must speak in English in the School.
- Children must reach their classes ten minutes before the class start.
- The warning bell before class is a signal for all students to go to their respective classes silently.
- Students should be habitually clean and neatly dressed. The school uniform is to be worn on all school days. A student who is slovenly dressed may not be permitted to enter the classroom or may even be sent home.
- Students are forbidden to bring mobile phones to school.
- Proper care should be taken of the school property and no pupil should scratch or spoil desks or chairs or damage any school furniture, scribble anything on the wall or in any way damage things belonging to others. Damage done even by accident should be reported at once to the class teacher or the Principal. Any damage done will be made good by the one who does it. Anyone who sees something damaged should report the matter even if he/she does not know who has done it. Each class will be responsible for looking after all class property.
- No child is permitted to leave the school premises without the permission granted by the Principal. Such permission can be granted only at the specific written request of the parents/guardians.
- Parents and guardians are not allowed to walk into the classrooms or meet any teacher during class hours.
- The name, standard and section of the student should be clearly marked on all his/her belongings.
- No books other than textbooks or library books may be brought to the school.Any pupil desiring to be exempted from P.T. or games must produce a doctor’s certificate to the effect that she/he is physically unfit to take part in them.
- Students must show respect to the members of the staff. They should stand up and greet them when they enter their class as well as when they leave the classroom and even whenever they meet them in the corridor/outside school premises.
- Students are not allowed to receive visitors or to answer phone calls during class hours. To call home, they should use the telephone at the reception with the permission of the authorities.
- All letters and correspondence addressed to students are subject to scrutiny by the Principal.
- Students are required to show courtesy to their companions. Refined behaviour should be a distinct feature of every student of the school.
- Running, playing, shouting and whistling inside the school building is not permitted.
- Celebration of birthdays in school is strictly prohibited.
- Students are forbidden to bring crackers, explosives and other dangerous material to school. Disciplinary action will be taken against such offenders.
- A student who uses unfair means and/or receives or gives assistance to other in any form during tests/exams will be given zero in that subject, and a warning letter. Repetition of the same will result in dismissal.